- BBBH795418 Oct 11, 2021 Competitive
Software Architect - Remote Working Opportunity
We are looking to recruit a Software Architect to join our Technology team. Software Architects have a pivotal role to play in the technology team and we are seeking a talented and motivated individual, who has an appetite for defining technical direction and strategy in their area of speciality and will guide our engineering teams to build innovative, all-encompassing solutions on our range of customer facing platforms.
We are looking for a strong technical leader, with the experience and vision to contribute to major development initiatives across several teams within the company. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us and enhance the capability within the team as we have ambitious plans to grow over the next several years.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Contribute to a growing team focused on delivering valuable features within agile product teams
- Have your work seen and used on one of the busiest mobile & websites in Ireland
- Travel benefits within the Group and world-wide airline & industry partner networks
The key objective for this role is leading and delivering on the overall coding, technical direction and strategy of the area.
To be successful in this you will be required to;
- Gain a deep technical understanding of the existing technical stack, principles, policies and standards, in order to evangelize on future direction, technology choices and modernizing frameworks, project deliverables, and practices/policies for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of your respective area of the company ecosystem and direction of this product/domain.
- Lead technical teams through multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on guidance to influence standards for development, governance, and operational life cycle
- Collaborate with technical teams to instil CI & Development best practices
- Promote continuous learning so that the skill level of the department continues to improve and deliver more effectively
- Develop POC's and perform code reviews with a focus on design principles, simple testable code and quality at the fore.
- Work closely with product teams to ensure delivery of these solutions to enhance our business capabilities
- Support and mentor technical teams to encourage growth & foster an innovative and inquisitive development culture.
- Contribute to IT strategy, API governance, standards, and technological evaluations to drive our strategic goals.
To be considered for the role of Software Architect, candidates must meet the following:
Your qualifications & key criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent formal training.
- 6+ years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines
- Continuous build/integration mindset and experience reducing lead time to market for feature development (Jenkins, Gradle, BitBucket)
- Extensive experience working with Java technologies, Spring Framework and REST services
- Demonstrable design knowledge, including API design principles, SOA, event driven systems and similar design patterns and techniques
- Strong knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to lead, mentor & motivate developers to ensure high quality code deliverables & practices
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in
- AWS Certification and/or experience of solutioning for Cloud
- Experience working within Architectural frameworks and standards such as TOGAF, IASA, Archimate or hold equivalent certification
- Experience with applying architecture & working in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of high volume e-Commerce/retail and Services architectures.
- Previous experience of Microservices architecture an advantage
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555