Senior Underwriter - Financial Lines
- BBBH783707 May 28, 2021 Competitive
Senior Underwriter - Financial Lines Located in Dublin City Centre, this established Insurance company is seeking an ambitious Underwriter to join their expanding team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced insurance professional with strong technical and analytical abilities to progress their career with a global insurance company.
The successful individual will be working as part of a high reputable and collaborative team, rewarded with excellent career prospects along with a great salary and benefits package.
- Meet individual underwriting expectations to help the team achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Analyse financial reports and accounts to assess risk (proposal review, claims history etc)
- Provide management information monthly (total premium, bind rate etc.)
- Streamline underwriting through the use of designated systems, ensuring accurate input of data
- Maintain high level of service to brokers at all times
- Ability to generate new business through expansion of broker network
- Assist brokers with training on new products lines
- Active support through presentations and/or meeting with clients/brokers
- Work closely with the FL Leader to plan and achieve sales plan
- Consistently work towards new business/renewals targets
- Ensure adherence to Underwriting Processes and guidelines
- Regular liaison with various departments
- Ensure effective management of client relationships with both existing and potential clients
- Attend industry conferences when appropriate
- Attend client visits and group internal meetings as required
- Maintain correct underwriting entries on the internal system
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Financial lines underwriting or financial lines broking experience is essential
- Impeccable communication skills
- Proven analytical and technical capability with an innovative, creative approach
- Good attention to detail, accuracy and numerical skills
- A highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent critical thinker
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
353 (0) 1 4485601