- Nov 24, 2022
- €90k - €120k
Senior Technical Lead Java
Senior hands on technical lead required to head up reengineering of an aging critical client server application for the Issuer Services Area, and then moving on to delivery of new Business improvements.
Issuer Services is a high criticality area, with ATIS being the core system for the Agency and Trust business. It offers Issuing/Paying Agent functionality, Specialised Agency and Depositary functionality. You will have the opportunities to deliver creative and quality-assured solutions for the banks next generation issuance system.
You should have a confirmed development history indicating expertise across all aspects of the SDLC. Strong architectural skills will allow you to contribute to the new technical vision, and should be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of Java and web technologies such as Angular.
You should have good interpersonal skills and show an ability to partner with product owners.
- You should be hands on and have a strong analytical and technical ability with 8+ years of experience. An additional 3-4 years involved with complex medium to large projects in a dynamic financial environment is desirable.
- There is a requirement to lead day to day delivery work and clearly set out a strategic architectural vision and identify project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation.
- You should have good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources and applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- You will be required to work on complex and variable issues with significant potential impact, weighing various alternatives and stabilising potentially conflicting needs
- Understand business needs and translate into solutions
- You will own a team of multi discipline developers globally
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience of Java
- Extensive experience with Spring and ORM framework.
- Database experience required.
- Experience with all aspects of the SDLC.
- Experience of DevOps processes
- Self-starter who is passionate for learning about new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work both independently, with other team members, and across teams
- Able to deal with changes in priority
- Able to work in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment
- Confirmed experience of crafting and delivering successful complex solutions in an enterprise production environment
- 5+ years' experience in Java.
- 5+ years' experience in RESTful API development.
- 3+ years' experience in Spring and ORM framework.
- Experience in use of Containers (Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in Oracle SQL
- Experience in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience in test automation
- Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment. Hard-working and highly motivated individual.
- Agile experience.
- Superb communication.
- Great verbal and written skills.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards and framework
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.