Global client looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join their Tax team based in Dublin City. The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting.
Senior Tax Accountant
This position will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for a group of European markets
and will report to the Senior Tax Manager. The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting,
local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country
tax audits. The individual filling this position will be expected to develop detailed knowledge of the
tax regimes within his or her scope of responsibility. The Senior Tax Accountant will also be the
primary contact for the GFS Global Financial Services colleagues who also have responsibilities for
these entities. This position will work closely with and manage third-party providers where needed
in the tax return process.
* Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of tax reporting processes including compliance and
especially US GAAP Reporting
* Develop knowledge of major drivers impacting the tax and corporate position of their European
* Accountable for maintaining SOX controls for all processes relating to their markets.
* Make tax payments.
* Deliver Tax Returns following a standardized methodology, involving significant automation and
assembly of final returns using tax return software where possible.
* Work with local advisors to sign off of tax returns based on materiality and risk
* Manage the data requirements for local country tax audit process, both directly and through the co-
ordination of other contributors such as finance in-market colleagues, third-party providers and Shared Services.
* Work with European Tax Planners to exercise tax technical skills in making judgments on the tax
treatment or tactical approach to be adopted in relation to issues arising in European markets.
* Actively participate in mergers, acquisition and reorganization projects
Education and Background:
* Qualified Accountant or Tax Advisor
* Minimum of 4 years' post qualification experience in industry or a Big 4 accounting firm
* A recognized tax or accounting qualification
* ACA, ACCA, AITI, CIMA
* Strong Financial Tax Accounting experience preferably US GAAP and IFRS.
* Experience in Tax Reporting, especially Year End Consolidation gained in a large accounting firm or
* Experience of managing tax compliance and reporting processes in more than one country.
* Experience in researching and analyzing European tax issues.
* Experience of working for US multinational
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of US GAAP accounting
* Knowledge of the principles of direct taxation and their interaction with reporting processes
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple market and project commitments. Multi-tasking is vital.
* Ability to explain technical accounting issues to key stakeholders, both orally and in writing
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail is important.
* Strong commercial and business awareness
* Proficient in Excel
* Practical experience in Financial Systems
* Strong accounting skills
* Strong excel skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Familiarity with ERP Systems
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.