- JN -032023-1926590
- Mar 02, 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a global investment bank as they continue to rapidly expand and invest in their Irish operations.
Who it's with:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer(.Net) to join a global investment bank as they continue to rapidly expand and invest in their Irish operations. This growth is due to a global strategic initiative to lead new Capital Markets and trading systems development projects from the Dublin office.
You will be working on critical systems that process huge amounts of data in real time with a focus on latency and reliability. This role will also offer the opportunity to progress quickly into technical leadership or Architecture for the right candidate.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, and impart your subject matter expertise throughout the life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, and programming.
- Propose solution options; generate stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical, and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance, and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical, and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on the development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout the detailed design and development phase, identify gaps, or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhering to corporate quality and security standards.
- Identify ways to minimize cost, play a role in introducing strategic solutions to support cost-effectiveness, and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked, and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application ( e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing on SQL Server 2008 and above
- 7+ years of solid hands-on C# programming experience on the Microsoft stack, including ASP.NET MVC development.
- Experience in Entity Framework and Web API 2.
- Expert knowledge of the business, broader organization, technical environment, standards, processes, tools, procedures, multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design, and other relevant technology areas from a design/support/solutions perspective.
- Readiness and motivation to work autonomously in a lead capacity on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and can be relied on to coach, educate and monitor the work of others.
- Primary subject matter expertise in multiple areas; you're seasoned in counseling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions, and testing.
Why you'll want it:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a high-performing software engineering team for a global investment bank. You will be solving complex software engineering problems on a highly available platform with large amounts of data flowing through it in real time.
If interested, please APPLY NOW, or call me at 01 4321657 / for more info.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.