- BBBH783182 May 26, 2021 Competitive
This is a rare opportunity to work on the development of low latency front office trading systems for a progressive global investment bank.
Who it's with:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a progressive global investment bank as they continue to rapidly expand and invest in their Irish operations. The Fixed Income and Currencies Electronic Trading Team is responsible for delivering global projects within areas such as FX spot/derivatives and Fixed Income cash securities pricing, FIC Dealer-to-Dealer order execution, FIC Dealer-to-Client quoting solutions and FIC automated execution capabilities.
You will be joining a high performing global team to engineer critical trading systems that process large amounts of data in real-time with a focus on latency and reliability.
What you'll be doing:
- Iteratively develop new eTrading capabilities across a range of pricing, distribution and execution requirements
- Work directly with sales and trading desks on requirements
- Train users on eTrading products
- Employ and advocate the use of architecture frameworks, standards and patterns to facilitate consistent and secure solutions design and delivery
- Identify and communicate any cross-functional that may affect other areas and lead resolution of escalated issues
- Responsible for the creation and adoption of new design patterns and standards in support of the development team
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client service
What you'll need:
- One or more of:
- Knowledge of FI market structure particularly US Treasuries
- Knowledge of FX market structure
- Knowledge of US Treasury algorithmic trading systems
- Knowledge of FX algorithmic trading systems
- Fixed Income Electronic Trading knowledge (across both rates and credit; across cash and derivatives)
- FX Electronic Trading knowledge (spot, forwards and swaps)
- Ability to work with developers on implementation of trading algorithms
- Expert Java Developer
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Design Patterns
- Strong concurrency, networking, algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Detailed low level Java knowledge especially around low-latency concepts
- Strong knowledge of source control software (preferably Git)
- Familiarity with software change controls applicable to the banking industry
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (preferably Teamcity, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with dependency management (preferably Nexus, Maven, Gradle)
- Familiarity with code review tools (preferably via Pull Requests or Crucible)
- Shell scripting
- Experience building trading algorithms in Fixed Income and FX
- Ability to work directly with traders on gathering requirements
Why you'll want it:
This is a rare opportunity to join a high performing front office software engineering team for a global investment bank. You will be solving complex software engineering problems on highly available platforms with large amounts of data flowing through it in real-time.
If interested, please APPLY NOW, or call Will on +353 857648848 for more info.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555