- BBBH824426 Aug 04, 2022 Competitive
ou will join our exciting SRE/SD Team in the Investor Communication Solution Business Unit and play a crucial part in designing, building, and supporting this technology solution.
Our client is growing and looking for service delivery engineer in Dublin. You will join our exciting SRE/SD Team in the Investor Communication Solution Business Unit and play a crucial part in designing, building, and supporting this technology solution in our domestic and International space. In this role will partner with our infrastructure, development, business, and cloud delivery teams to create new solutions and ensure operational excellence across our growing suite of products. You will work in the hosting of critical financial environments servicing Wintel Platforms.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- You will participate with other senior members of staff to architect solutions in both our self-hosted data centers and our vendor hosted data centers.
- Perform support functions, where needed, to ensure the necessary services are provided and availability of the system is maintained in our 7x24 financial environment.
- Directly interact with business unit executives and project management teams to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced.
- Act as an escalation point for tier1 and tier2 monitoring and operations teams. React to alerts within the environment and be able to resolve or advance them in a timely manner.
- Provide clear communication/escalation/follow up and closure to business impacting events involving multiple Broadridge teams and external partners.
- Work on break/fix hands on Windows platforms as well as interaction with external parties for critical issue or hardware / software support tickets
- Implement and co-ordinate the creation and enforcement of technical service procedures, policies, and manuals, maintaining excellent verbal & written communication
- Provide off-shift on call work as required as well as performing off shift weekend changes.
- Create and maintain documentations, procedures and turnover document for the supporting products.
- Work directly with the business partner and project management team to provide project status on a weekly basis
- Perform and participate annual system readiness, capacity planning and provide recommendation to ensure environment meets SLA.
- Demonstrated experience with commercial service infrastructure at both a software and infrastructure level
- Functional skills - System Design and Architecture, DevOps / Deployment automation, Troubleshooting, Service Monitoring.
- Passionate teammate who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
- Strong written and communications skills for collaboration with various teams and upper management
- Solid analytical skills, especially in area of translating business requirements into technical design - with a continuous focus on aligning technical roadmap with the immediate and long-term Business strategy
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, providing root cause analysis and remediation to mitigate future risk with appropriate Technical and Operational staff to resolve issues.
- Able to adapt and embrace change and support business strategy and vision.
- Knowledge of next-generation design patterns/architecture like micro-services, layered pattern and various cloud technologies
- Good knowledge of VMware virtualization products including but not limited to ESX, vSphere, vSan and vMotion.
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills and new technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable
- Experienced in delivering highly scalable, highly resilient solutions in an Enterprise Environment
- Proven experience in BCP Planning and Creating/Executing a Disaster recovery Plan
- Experience in providing Technical Feedback and Documentation support for Annual Technology Audits
- Knowledge and Ability to automate daily functions via scripting
- Experience coordinating with vendors and Technical teams to get the queries/issues resolved
- Familiarity with SRE terminology (SLI/SLO/Error Budget)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or in a related field.
- Strong, proven experience within a programming and application system environment, with solid experience and a working knowledge in the following technologies:
- OS: Windows
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Bladelogic, Chef, GIT
- Cloud: Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS
- Scripting: Powershell, Perl, Shell Scripts
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555