- Sep 19, 2023
Siemens Healthineers, Swords, Dublin, are expanding the Engineering team and require a Senior R&D Control Systems Engineer to deliver complex projects
Are you a Systems Engineer with extensive experience in the design, development, and characterisation of complex automated instruments / analysers? This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for a challenge in their career.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background in the control of complex automated electro-mechanical systems, state machines, characterisation, and in translating design requirements into detailed functional specifications. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team in a systematic approach, delivering product solutions at pace.
As a key member of the team, you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Biochemistry, Software, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size - today and tomorrow.
The critical skills we are looking for:
- Ability to understand and develop control systems for complex electromechanical analysers
- Work across multiple technologies and disciplines integrating fluidics, electronics, optics and software
- Define characterisation studies / DOE's for subsystems and analysers to understand error budget using design for six sigma and statistical based techniques
- Act as the interface between the hardware & software teams to coordinate integration of solutions into the analyser architecture
- Create detailed functional specifications which enable the wider Engineering team to understand the detailed design of the analyser; including design margins
- Write bespoke scripts for controlling subsystems within the analyser (State Machine Diagrams, etc.)
- Driving Investigations, segment, and root cause issues down to component level utilising team
- Guide and mentor the wider Engineering team on control system best practices
Required for the success of this role:
- Excellent knowledge of control system engineering in the automation and overall operation of complex electromechanical systems
- Excellent software applications knowledge, including scripting (Python, Perl, VBA or other languages)
- High paced individual who can work in a cross functional high performing engineering team
- Eager and passionate to understand both business and user needs in driving solutions
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering solutions at pace
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 5+ years' experience in automation and control systems engineering