- Dublin City Centre
- JN -012023-1908067
- Feb 03, 2023
- €70k - €90k
Applications are invited for a Senior Policy Development Executive role in the Policy and Public Affairs Department of a Legal Institution.
Reporting to the Director of Policy, the successful candidate will carry out research, source materials for policy papers and reports, and draft complex submissions and position papers.
The appointee will assist the Director in dealing with legal developments at national and European level and will write articles on relevant topics for publications. Opportunity to work on a hybrid/office working arrangement.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties in line with the body's standards and strategic objectives and as directed by the Director of Policy.
- Research and sourcing of materials for policy papers and reports.
- Preparation of outline draft Memoranda and reports on policy issues.
- Preparing paper and e-zine articles, website notices, notes and leaflets on policy issues.
- Developing in-depth expertise in specific policy issues as may be assigned.
- Completion of questionnaires and surveys on the legal profession or on specific policy issues for the purpose of studies undertaken by and for external bodies.
Knowledge & Skills
- A third-level qualification in law, business and law or similar at a minimum - ideally a post-graduate qualification at Masters or Doctorate level with significant research experience
- Exceptional organisational skills
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- A record of success in working on complex policy matters is required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.