- JN -022023-1925582
- Feb 14, 2023
An exciting opportunity to join our client as a Senior IT Project Manager to support through the delivery of IT projects across all business functions.
Senior IT Project Manager - Contract Position
As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will manage projects to ensure delivery to defined scope, on time, within budget and to customer satisfaction. You are responsible for all phases of the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) namely planning, requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment and transition to post-implementation support.
You will be the central point of contact for all project stakeholders including internal customers, business relationship managers, architects, suppliers, operations, and infrastructure teams.
You will report directly to a Programme Manager (Enterprise IT Services)
What your role will look like
* Deliver projects on-time, on-budget, to agreed quality with appropriate transparency of issues across vendors, business clients, and IT.
* Plan and assign work to project team and maintain oversight of progress and work execution
* Track and manage project budgets.
* Work with the appropriate IT and business resources to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation approaches which minimise risk whilst meeting project timeline and cost objectives
* Keep all stakeholders well informed of progress. Obtain sufficient information to make well-informed and substantiated decisions.
* Be at ease with establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Implement and manage risk and issue controls, own and drive resolution of project issues via engagement of with ITEs, Enterprise Architecture, business, IT and supplier teams as necessary.
* Execute all processes and procedures necessary for managing and prioritizing project delivery and budgets, ensuring adherence to the PMO's methodology and governance guidelines.
* Assess and verify solution designs for scope, cost, timing and milestone commitments.
* Operate as primary point of contact with vendors and colleagues for day-to-day interactions on solution delivery.
* Coordinate and/or support of systems retirements associated with solution implementation.
* Ensure compliance with release management and change management practices.
What you'll have
* PMP, PRINCE 2, APM, SAFE or similar qualification in project management / software delivery
* 6+ years of relevant IT project management experience across the full project lifecycle
* Experienced in the full Software Delivery Lifecycle and large-scale systems implementation
* Functional domain experience relative to IT projects in Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain in an automotive, industrials or electronics industry setting is desirable
* Experience in delivering any of the following capabilities is desirable: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Teradata, Informatica, SAP or other ERP systems, CLM, Salesforce, MAP.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.