Senior In-House Legal Counsel
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH814618 Jul 29, 2022 €120k+
Morgan McKinley Legal has been exclusively retained by Proximo Spirits to source a stand-alone EMEA/APAC Senior Legal Counsel based in its Dublin city centre office.
Proximo is a global innovator of quality spirits and its portfolio of brands includes Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Jose Cuervo Tequila, Boodles Gin, Kracken Spiced Rum, amongst others.
The Senior Legal Counsel will oversee the legal aspects of the EMEA/APAC region by ensuring that the company adheres to legal guidelines and principles and gives legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- Work in partnership with the Head Office Legal function in Mexico, ensuring compliance with internal procedures and best practice
- Previous experience as an in-house counsel, preferably in an FMCG company with experience in advertising controls, commercial distribution contracts and pricing agreements.
- Demonstrable experience of working across Europe and/or Asia
- 5+ years PQE and holding a current practising certificate
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Ability to think on your feet and to take on issues outside your areas of experience
- Highly developed business acumen to identify and understand issues impacting our business and operations
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility
- An adaptable, flexible attitude
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Manager | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631