- Jan 25, 2023
- €90k - €120k
Senior Business Analyst
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
This is a permanent position within the IT department of a large PLC.
There are significant integration and transformation projects underway which will focus on the systems and processes to create the largest aviation leasing platform in the world.
● Initially focused on analysing and adapting existing applications and processes as
part of integration, data migration and change management.
● Long term focus of building out the Front Office Roadmap and strategy, improving
internal tools and processes to deliver value to the business.
● Working with senior stakeholders to define the future target operating model and
managing their expectations.
● Develop a strong understanding of existing system and application landscape, as a
building block for future integrated solutions.
● Analyse business processes and requirements and transfer the knowledge to the
development and test team.
● Prepare accurate and detailed requirements documentation and functional
● Prepare accurate and detailed high level estimates as part of the Demand Evaluation
● Communicate effectively with the business, the development and test team to
understand functional requirements (e.g. screen, interface, report, GUI designs), and
to ensure the solution meets these.
● Coordinate with the business users who test and evaluate applications, and resolve
software issues, in conjunction with developers and testers where appropriate.
● Manage any change requests related to the working project plans to meet the agreed
● Investigate data discrepancies and perform ad-hoc database queries as needed.
● Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements and
standards including SOX compliance and Security.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, and COMPETENCIES
● Educated to a degree level in Information Technology or Sciences
● 5+ years' experience as a business analyst
● A recognised BA qualification is desirable
● Must be a Self-Starter and exhibit intellectual curiosity
● Must be able to take initiative and work independently while maintaining strong team
● Excellent time and work management skills, able to prioritise competing demands
from conflicting sources
● Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders across multiple
locations and third party vendors/development teams
● Experience working across multiple applications/projects in parallel
● Experience in Business Process and Data Modelling
● Experience in Application Support and Training
● Experience in writing User Manuals
● Experience of working in a large delivery programme a distinct advantage
● Experience in Agile Methodologies
● Experience of estimating effort and input into project planning
● Very good understanding of the various technologies
● Experience throughout the entire software development life-cycle
● Good understanding of cloud technologies and integration frameworks
● Good understanding of relational databases and data models
● SQL, SOQL, or other DB query language
● Knowledge of IT-compliance (SOX) and operational excellence models
● Good understanding of Aircraft Leasing a distinct advantage
● Well-developed vendor management
● Well-developed partner management and relationship building skills
● Positive, can-do attitude towards a demanding internal customer base
● Experience of working with senior stakeholders whilst delivering change and value to
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.