- JN -022023-1923740
- Jan 30, 2023
This is a great opportunity for a Health And Safety Specialist to join a pharmaceutical company based in Dublin.
Senior Health & Safety Specialist
Ensure maintenance of the safety management system ISO45001 to ensure that the policies and procedures are consistent with best safety standards and that the elements as defined below -
- Comply with regulatory requirements and reflect continuous improvement initiatives:
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, communicate to management and review periodically
- Safety Statement review and update
- Safety policies (e.g., electricity, working at heights)
- Coordinate Risk Assessments Programme
- HSE Handbook, Site inductions, Safety SOPs, Permit Reviews
- Co-ordinate and conduct the Occupational Monitoring Programme
- Contractor Management - Process/Procedural responsibility & verification of compliance.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with ISO45001, cGMP, ISO14001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and all site standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide support for any external audits/inspections carried out on site (HSA/ISO 45001/Corporate).
- Carry out inspections and internal audits of the site on a regular basis. Develop the annual internal audit schedule and ensure compliance with the schedule.
- Safety Performance
- Promote the highest standards of site safety by influencing the behavioural aspects of safety
- Assess process/plant changes/new installations and participation in project teams to ensure health and safety aspects of materials and operations are considered.
- Provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new/modified facilities including impact on future maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that new processes and associated equipment modifications are assessed from a health and safety perspective through HAZOPs, HAZID's, Method Statements & Risk Assessment.
- Co-ordination and conducting site safety & behavioural tours and follow-up actions.
- Health & Safety promotion via competitions, poster campaigns, notice boards and safety weeks.
- Reporting to the Astellas management, the H&S KPI's on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all near miss, hazard spotting and first aid/ accident reports are investigated, root cause identified and corrective actions implemented in a timely manner. Collation of Statistics.
- Act as REACH co-ordinator to ensure materials are registered as required, including safety testing for new processes and co-ordination of testing programmes. Generate SDSs for AICL materials.
- Support the Senior EHS Engineer with process safety requirements / COMAH requirements for the site.
- Supervision of Health and Safety Specialist
- Provision of supervision and direction to the Health and Safety Specialist ensuring time is given to development, coaching and training also.
- Monitor the workload of the Health and Safety Specialist and support prioritisation of the work as required.
- Ongoing review of performance, formal annual and midyear reviews and setting of objectives.
- Reward and recognition of achievements to be carried out.
- Health and Safety Training Provision and Support for EHS Administrator (Training Co-ordinator)
- Provision of guidance to the EHS Administrator (training co-ordinator) to ensure all Health and Safety training requirements are met on site.
- Run training courses when required and as relevant to the Health & Safety function to support the EHS
- Administrator including induction training and ongoing training to meet statutory requirements e.g. Manual Handling, DGSA awareness, forklift training, VDU and ergonomic assessment training.
- Employees at all levels within the AICL (Dublin Site)
- EHS Team
- Regular progress meetings with EHS Manager
- Supervision of the Health and Safety Specialist via regular progress meetings
- Work with remote teams in Production (incl.
- Environmental Operations), Facilities
- Engineering, Projects, Quality Departments
- External consultants and contractors
- Professional and/or Regulatory bodies in particular being
- the main point of contact with the HSA.
- Interact with the wider Health and Safety Regulatory community in all regions and HQ to align on Global and regional initiatives and projects as relevant.
- Educated to degree level in Science, Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) discipline.
- Postgraduate qualification in Health and Safety.
- Minimum 7 years health and safety experience preferably working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment or alternatively 4 years process engineering experience combined with minimum 4 years in a site
- health and safety role preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
- Proven track record of maintaining health and safety compliance in a pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to clearly communicate the health and safety requirements of activities.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.