- JN -072022-1644856
- May 26, 2023
An Irish Company operating in the Road Freight field is actively looking for a sales executive to join their team!
Job Purpose: To sell the company's Road freight services to new and existing
customers, generating new business opportunities and revenue goals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To win new business and work to aggressive budget targets.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating and securing new business by closing the sale.
- Actively promote and develop the full range of the company's services.
- Consistently achieve monthly and quarterly targets by developing and maintaining a strong and effective sales pipeline.
- Locate/propose potential business deals by contacting potential clients; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Calculate and submit logistics quotations and tenders efficiently, in tandem with Management and follow up accordingly within the defined Company format.
- Co-ordinate requirements between Clients and Road Freight department, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with company operations.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments, in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, call plans and quotations follow up, in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Be a results orientated, hard working, self starter who has a good understanding of the Road freight industry.
- Submit an activity/new business report on a monthly basis to the Road Freight Manager.
- Liaise closely with the Road Freight Manager and operational teams at the relevant locations and establish close working relationships.
- European Road freight sales experience.
- Current proven sales success on the road within the European Road freight sector and comfortable engaging with senior decision makers.
- Work to pre-defined targets, with a track record of increasing revenuethrough generation of leads, sales, business development and winning new business.
- Sound commercial acumen complemented by entrepreneurial skills and a proven track record of new business wins.
- Excellent customer management skills, with active customer contacts in the road freight sector and the ability to forge sound business relationships across the board.
- Excellent knowledge of Road freight and terminology (including the relevance of incoterms, dimensions, pallets, partloads, DOW, COT), plus transit times and service levels of European Groupage Services, by road and short sea.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline maintenance, sales reports, call plans and quotation follow-up.
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally/externally and deliver presentations effectively.
- Be computer literate with a good level of I.T. skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or call Michaela on 051-318709
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant - Sales Recruitment - Nationwide