- BBBH791124 Aug 24, 2021 Competitive
The role is to provide hands-on technical support and analysis for our software, infrastructure and technology products and ensure the availability installed systems.
Job title: Resident IT Systems Engineer
Department: Customer Service
Location: Bvlgari, Dublin
Based at our customer's distribution center the role is to provide hands-on technical support and analysis for our software, infrastructure and technology products and ensure the availability installed systems.
Engaging directly with the customer to support with operational analysis, exceptions and change management, this role enables the successful candidate to be a significant contributor to the success of our customer's day to day business operation.
Communicating effectively and accurately any business-critical situations together with the hotline and development groups with appropriate priority.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and management of software systems (WCS, WMS, PLC, SCADA) and associated hardware.
- Identify, analyze and root-cause-analysis of Systems and IT issues.
- Support the remedy process of software through investigation.
- Incident and problem management (hotline tickets)
- Change Management (request for change (RfC) and Customer Request (CR))
- Manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders both internal and external
- Meeting the agreed performance objectives for the rol
- Ability to dynamically prioritize work load and tasks effectively according to current business need
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential with a strong working relationship with all stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and engagement with stakeholders
- High level of responsibility and awareness of business-criticality
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to keep calm, confident and focused while working under pressure
- Capacity to work as part of a team and as an individual without constant need for supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations
- Ability to provide occasional on-call remote support
- Support the resident engineering/maintenance team during breakdown/repairs/maintenance activities
- Linux Operating Systems (Command line interface to administer OS performance, log files navigation and deploy releases)
- Proficient using SQL (DML, DDL, TCL) and SQL Developer
- Experience with PL/SQL language
- Debugging skills
- Hands-on database experience (Oracle beneficial)
- Understanding of programming concepts
- Python and shell scripting
- Technical knowledge of network technologies and troubleshooting experience beneficial
- Experience working with business-critical enterprise-level production environments
- PL/SQL Programming
- Java Programming
- Experience with hardware build and maintenance (servers, desktops, devices)
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Understanding and appropriate use of MS Office application suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Windows 10
Relevant previous experience within automated material handling / logistic industry or where transferrable skills can be demonstrated are ideal.
Training & Development:
In addition to the role-based training some additional development may include training at offices in Austria and/or UK, or other external providers both domestic (Ireland) and overseas (UK/EU).
The working environment is a mix of office and warehouse facilities. Frequent navigation between all areas of the facility will be required to support the daily operation and proactive maintenance of the installed system.
The customer picking/packing area is a mandatory 100% metal free zone, specific customer policy will be shared with candidate.
It is a prerequisite for all personnel to undertake a full criminal background check and comply with aviation security requirements.
Aviation security training to provide "known consignor" adherence will be provided.
Important behaviors to have in line with our company values
- Reliability - A consistent team member
- Openness - Always approachable and helpful
- Determination - Gives their best to the end to
- Respect - Shows consideration for others
- Creativity - Is resourceful and innovative
- Will contribute up to 6% pension
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee of the Quarter awards
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555