- May 15, 2023
Siemens Healthineers are recruiting for an R&D Engineering Manager to join their expanding team in Swords, Dublin.
Siemens Healthineers, Swords, Dublin, are expanding the Engineering R&D team and require an experienced Engineering leader in delivering complex projects in the development of next generation medical diagnostic analysers (immunoassay, chemistry, hematology). This is a role well suited to an ambitious senior-level professional, looking for a challenge in their career, as an R&D Engineering Manager.
Reporting into an Engineering Manager, the mission of this role is to lead and develop an engineering team, promoting engineering excellence & technical depth with the ability to deliver strategic projects and initiatives at pace. The successful candidate must have a strong technical background in design and development of electro-mechanical systems, with a proven track record in strategy, roadmap development, team building, system integration and on-time product delivery. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to ensure team members work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with all stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions, while growing knowledge and solving problems in a lean environment.
As a key leader you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Biochemistry, Software, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) managing a team of engineers working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size - today and tomorrow.
The critical skills we are looking for:
- Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality, cost effective, automated system solutions
- Extensive experience in developing & leading a high performing cross functional engineering team fostering a collaborative and innovative culture, with a focus on building expertise & empowerment
- Strategic thought process and ability to plan across the business to deliver on strategic goals
- Use of PLM engineering tools and best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all the team's deliverables (Project Management, SCRUM etc.)
Proven experience must include:
- Providing technical support across the full engineering value chain avoiding outages within our integrated high performing manufacturing network (Supplier to Customer)
- Ability to promote and recognise the role of simulation, modelling and characterisation tools to accelerate design maturity (i.e. minimizing prototypes & reducing cost) delivering reliable robust solutions to our customers
- Technology transfer and test method development in collaboration with Manufacturing and NPI teams
- Developing & translating system requirements into robust design solutions with accompanying detailed design functional specifications
- Product development, design change management, and product risk controls- preferably within a regulated environment
- Integration of electromechanical sub-assemblies into complex systems which may include fluidics, optics, sensing, electronics, automation and software elements
- LEAN/Six Sigma practices and principles to develop reliable robust designs (DOE, DFSS, Reliability testing)
Required for the success of this role:
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation
- Eager, passionate, and high paced individual who can lead and develop a high performing technical engineering team
- Is a strong and decisive leader with extensive experience
- An excellent team player with the ability to inspire a team in a highly complex environment
- Strategic thought process with the ability to define strategy, budget management, develop roadmaps and lead team-driven solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries and the full value chain of the product (from Suppliers to Customers) to deliver the desired outcome
- Organized thinker with the ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 10+ years' relevant engineering experience including 5+ years' experience in managing a high performing engineering team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.