- Mar 16, 2023
Morgan McKinley is delighted to be partnering with National Broadband Ireland to assist in the recruitment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment, will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor this role will be responsible for carrying out quantity surveying duties and supporting other team members providing effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated. Main duties will include measurement of, and payments to subcontractors, along with certification and settlement of final accounts.
- Managing subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors along with normal quantity surveying duties
- Assess monthly progress applications and assist with Final Account closeout.
- To assist with compiling comprehensive financial and quantity surveying related information as required by Senior Management.
- Liaise with sub-contractor representatives and other members of the team to ensure effective communications and a cohesive working environment.
- Carrying out detailed commercial comparisons between the budgeted forecasts and the actual cost incurred.
- Assist site management in provision of statistics and other surveying related information for Client meetings.
- Coach/Develop and mentor junior members of staff and act as an example to others.
- Maintain a suitable filing system.
- Provide support to operations staff on surveying matters.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying or relevant experience
- Commercial Professional with 2/3 years post-qualification experience
- Infrastructure and / or telecommunications industry experience desirable
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Possess experience of subcontract models.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Understanding of the wider utility construction processes or market sector knowledge/strategic development are equally advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Good self-discipline with a strong commitment to quality and procedures
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality of service
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland