- 1836 Jun 22, 2022 Competitive
National Broadband Ireland are currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team.
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor this role will be responsible for helping our Project Managers and deployment team to carry out quantity surveying duties in conjunction with other team members and provide effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated. Main duties will include preparation of tender documents, measurement of works for craft operative's monetary payment systems, measuring of and payments to contractors and subcontractors, along with certification and settlement of final accounts.
- To provide comprehensive financial and surveying related information as required by Senior Management, including monthly performance review meetings.
- To measure the works for payment and final account purposes. Record of dimensions to be kept.
- Carrying out detailed commercial comparisons between the budgeted forecasts and the actual cost incurred.
- Management of design partners payment claims and variations
- Record and agree of extra works and day works
- Record all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims.
- Monitor and ensure that full payment is received for all work claimed and certified.
- Measurement, certification and agreement of subcontractor accounts.
- Assist site management in provision of statistics and other surveying related information for Client meetings.
- Measurement of subcontractors work for the monetary payment system.
- Liaise with sub-contractors representatives and other members of the team to ensure effective communications and a cohesive working environment.
- Provide estimating department with statistical information for new rates.
- Maintain a suitable filing system.
- Provide support to operations staff on surveying matters.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying Management
- Commercial Professional with 2/3 years post-qualification experience in infrastructure and / or telecommunications industry.
- Possess experience of subcontract models.
- Have a working understanding of procurement.
- Have a working understanding of stock management.
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop business within strategic markets and build client relationships
- Understanding of the wider utility construction processes or market sector knowledge/strategic development are equally advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Good self-discipline with a strong commitment to quality and procedures
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality of service
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland