This candidate will be part of a core sub-project team within the central Engineering Technical Department, tasked with planning and executing the deployment of future urban zero emissions projects
This is initially a 1-year contract.
The role will encompass the coordination, collation, and reporting on key inputs and outputs from the Project Working Group.
Working closely with key personnel at central and regional locations within the company to deliver projects on time and within budget. Responsibilities will include technical deployment support, engineering and procurement support, liaising with suppliers, engineering solutions, co-ordination of training development and maintenance upskilling to ensure a successful transition to new technologies.
Responsibilities also include:
* Co-ordination and management of key inputs/outputs from the Future Electric Fleet & Maintenance Working Group
* Collate and analyse feedback and engineering data pertinent to successfully progressing the project through the various phases from planning, specification, procurement and deployment.
* Scheduling and planning engineering meetings required at central and regional locations with relevant stakeholders to ensure the overall project progress to plan and key defined project milestones are successfully met.
* Ensure all relevant administrative aspects of the project are completed efficiently and effectively to maintain project progress and targets.
* Co-ordination & delivery of related mechanical, electrical and civil site works services
* Responsibility for co-ordinating, collating and reporting fleet technical and engineering aspects of the projects including regular progress updates to all stakeholders.
* Contribute to the development of Fleet Specifications and evaluation of tenders for new zero emissions fleet and trial vehicles
* Support the introduction of the new fleet throughout the production, delivery and deployment phases, ensuring safety & performance of selected vehicle types & ensuring that all vehicles comply with all requirements detailed in current & new legislation.
* Prepare and define fleet maintenance systems and processes for new zero emissions fleet types
* Contribute to the standardization of best practices throughout the company in engineering, maintenance standards & materials specifications
* Maintain necessary fleet records and other activity statistics, both statutory and those required by the CME.
* Provide support and assistance to Technical Manager in executing the responsibilities of the Technical Section and CME Department.
* Manage & co-ordinate assigned projects that are fully integrated with business plans & ensure that the Fleet operates in a safe & cost effective manner
* Provide technical support & advice to Regions and Central Management
* Develop business & technical working relationships with vehicle and parts manufacturers
* Contribute to the continued development of a safety culture within the business.
* Qualified Mechanical Engineer, Level 8
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical/electronic systems, preferably associated with road transport vehicles and systems
* Basic understanding of overall business structures, systems, finances & company operations
* Interest in future zero and low emissions technologies
* Interest in legislation, technologies & environment associated with road transport
* Competence in analysis of data, data manipulation and reporting
* Excellent understanding & working knowledge of computer systems
* High level of competence in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent report writing skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.