- Jan 16, 2024
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) is currently accepting candidates for the role of Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor this role will be responsible for helping our Quantity Surveyors to carry out commercial duties in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide admin support to the Quantity Surveying team.
- To assist the Commercial Team in the measurement of the sub-contract works for payment and final account purposes.
- Assist with the recording and agreement of extra works and day works
- Assist with measurement, certification and agreement of subcontractor accounts.
- Assist with the recording of all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims.
- Assist the Commercial Team with measurement of subcontractors work for the monetary payment system.
- Liaise with other members of the team to ensure effective communications and a cohesive working environment.
- Maintain a suitable filing system.
- Provide support to operations staff on quantity surveying matters.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a similar role or Degree qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying Management
- Possess experience of subcontract models.
- Have a working understanding of procurement.
- Have a working understanding of stock management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Good self-discipline with a strong commitment to quality and procedures
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality of service
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Oral & Written Communication
Influencing & Winning Commitment
For more Information on National Broadband Ireland please visit: