Jr Quality Automation Software Engineer
- BBBH795425 Oct 07, 2021 Competitive
Junior Quality Automation Software Engineer
Morgan McKinley are really exciting to partner with an iconic Irish brand. We are collaboratively looking for a Quality Automation Software Engineer to join the team in a permanent capacity.
Purpose of role
The software engineering department are responsible for continually improving and adding more value to production without impacting on quality.
The Quality Analyst Intern will have the opportunity to get hands-on knowledge in testing principles across a wide range of projects with a primary focus on test automation. They will be working collaboratively within scrum teams
- Building an understanding of the functional and non-functional business expectations for a feature, how customers use it, and as a result how best to test it
- Developing an understanding of the automation framework and how everything integrates together
- Contributing to existing automation, via hands-on automation work within the assigned team
- Engaging in daily stand-ups, feature grooming sessions, and working closely with their teammates
- Assisting where needed with the manual test teams, to remove repetitive tasks and translate technical documents
- Investigating new tools and providing feedback
- Providing regular status/progress reports and estimations against your test suites, test execution and bugs
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in using languages such as Java or Groovy.
- Understanding of version control systems such as SVN, Bitbucket or Git.
- Used build tools such as Maven and Gradle.
- Knowledge of peer review processes.
- A broad interest in new technologies and software development.
- An understanding of software development methodologies and interest in agile development
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques a nice to have
- Exposure to or knowledge of technologies like Selenium, Appium, JMeter, JUnit, TestNG would be advantageous
- Exposure to or knowledge of Continuous Integration & tools such as Jenkins.
- First class organisational skills and a willingness to apply direct effort to delve into detail
- Confident self-starter who is assertive and focused
- Outstanding relationship builder with sound emotional intelligence
- "Can-do" approach and thirst for driving continuous improvement
- Drive and determination to deliver outstanding results
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555