- Feb 17, 2023
NBI is looking for an experienced JIRA Service Administrator who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth.
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The JIRA and Confluence Service Administrator reports to the JIRA Service Owner and is responsible for configuration and management of NBI's instances of Atlassian tools. They ensure that each user has the right account role and privileges assigned within the respective tools, and work to understand who within the organisation needs to use Atlassian tools and what they want to accomplish with them.
The JIRA instance runs a full suite of custom ScriptRunner Groovy applets in support of a critical HA application, and the Administrator is the owner of this suite and is responsible for ongoing maintenance, debugging, and supporting new feature implementation as required in support of the business needs.
The JIRA and Confluence Service Administrator owns the tools runtime implementation (the services), and works in a team with the JIRA System Administrator/DBA to provide full coverage and support for these essential services within the organisation.
- Configuration, maintenance, and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk)
- Evaluate and manage the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Work with development and project teams to identify procedural efficiencies, such as with JIRA Workflows, custom fields, etc.
- Devise, test, and deploy integration's between Atlassian products and other internal tool chains
- Conduct training for employees and new hires on JIRA and also briefing the team/s on new functionalities
- Research and implement new approaches on Jira and Confluence usage
- Prompt issue resolution with JIRA Projects and Confluence in coordination with other admins, partner teams and Atlassian support
- This role includes the requirement of operating on an on-call rota for the delivery of support services to a growing customer base
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience administrating Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, JIRA Service Desk)
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of both Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Experience extending Atlassian products via code development
- Experience directly integrating Atlassian products with other systems is preferable
- Experience and knowledge of script runner and Groovy scripting is required
- Experience designing and implementing effective JIRA workflows
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.