- JN -092023-1947067
- Sep 15, 2023
As a Network Engineer, you will be a crucial contributor to the development, operation, and enhancement of secure network solutions supporting the global operations of our organization.
As a Network Engineer reporting to the Group Networks Manager, you will be a crucial contributor to the development, operation, and enhancement of secure network solutions supporting the global operations of our organization. This client extends its reach across multiple office and data centre locations in Europe while actively pursuing expansion into new regions. In this role, you will take ownership of operating, maintaining, and optimizing network infrastructure across diverse locations and vendor solutions, actively participating in the ongoing enhancement of our network ecosystem.
- Design and oversee the deployment of Office Local Area Network infrastructure, including the management of firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless access points across a global network of sites.
- Collaborate closely with Managed Service Suppliers to ensure the reliable, secure, and highly available network infrastructure, vital to maintaining uninterrupted 24/7 business operations.
- Manage centralized network services encompassing monitoring, AAA, configuration management, and log collection.
- Execute network changes as necessary, such as updating firewall rules, configuring IPsec VPNs, setting up SSL-VPNs for remote access, and managing web filtering and DHCP services.
- Play a key role in identifying and implementing continuous improvements, aligning network infrastructure with evolving business requirements.
- Lead efforts related to wireless access control, network security, and the secure configuration of network devices.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of firewall rules, web filtering policies, and application layer protection strategies.
- Leverage log analysis techniques to troubleshoot network issues effectively.
- Provide support for various firewall products from different vendors, including Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, and VMWare NSX.
- Participate actively in the evaluation of emerging network methodologies and technologies as needed to address evolving business needs, contributing to product evaluations, selection criteria, and the deployment of cutting-edge technologies.
- Hold a minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a level 3 operational network engineer, with a proven track record of supporting mission-critical networks.
- Possess hands-on expertise with at least one of the following firewall solutions: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, or VMWare NSX.
- Demonstrated proficiency in routing and switching technologies.
- Adeptness in wireless networking, with practical experience in managing wireless infrastructure.
**Please only apply if you are in Ireland at present and have a working Visa (Stamp 4 or 1g Spousal) / EU or Irish Citizen and can work in Ireland with no restrictions**
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.