- JN -012024-1954710
- Jan 24, 2024
Our Public Sector client is looking for an experienced IT Helpdesk Administrator to support the day to day IT support function - contract
The Service Desk Administrator will join our IT team and will work to support the day to day IT support function for our Staff in Ireland and overseas.
⮚ Provide 1 st line technical support on all software and IT Infrastructure including user devices, iPhones, networks, audio/video and security
⮚ Problem solving of technical issues by diagnosing and researching solutions
⮚ Ensure help desk calls are resolved in an efficient and timely manner and where required escalate tickets to senior staff and follow through on issues until resolution
⮚ Maintain and support the Multi-Function Device (MFD) Network
⮚ Maintain and support of all Audio Visual and Video Conferencing units
⮚ Ensure hardware and software assets are tracked in accordance with company procedures
⮚ Improve operational efficiency on the service desk by proactively identity recurring issues and updating processes and procedure accordingly
⮚ Procurement of hardware, peripherals and software applications as required
⮚ Deployment and configuration of desktop hardware and applications
⮚ Contribute to the overall planning and delivery of IT services
⮚ Working at the IT Hub to provide drop-in services to colleagues
⮚ Demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks that can arise or may be assigned in this role.
⮚ Record and track assigned tasks on the IT helpdesk system
⮚ Effectively engage and share knowledge with end users on IT related issues
⮚ Set up rooms for both in-person and virtual meetings, training, workshops, & room hire.
⮚ Attend to IT related storage areas and secure IT recycling.
● Ability to work on own initiative, tight deadlines and to prioritise and resolve problems efficiently is essential
● Microsoft Windows background is essential
● Good oral and written communications skills and ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to positively contribute to the work of a busy IT team.
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and interest in use of technology and IT-based systems
● Full Driving License desirable
● Client operating systems - Windows 10
● Microsoft Office 365
● Adobe Suite
● MS Teams
● Skype for Business VoIP solution
● Managed iPhones
● MDM Intune Solution
● FortiClient VPN Remote Access
● Lansweeper Asset Management
● Crestron/Polycom Video Conferencing
● Network Access Protection
Key Competencies Required:
● Client Focused Relationship Building
● Communications & Personal Effectiveness
● Sales & Marketing
● Knowledge - with a strong emphasis on IT skills
● Negotiating & Influencing
● Creativity & Innovation
● Project Management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.