- Feb 17, 2023
NBI is looking for an experienced IT Dev Support Engineer who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth.
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced IT Dev Support Engineer who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. As the IT Dev Support Engineer you will help support functional systems that improve customer experience focusing on front ends and microservices.
IT Dev Support Engineer responsibilities include supporting AWS serverless products and COTS products, identifying production issues and supporting integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a background in AWS serverless functions and are familiar with low code environments we'd like to meet you.
Very Good java knowledge and microservices is essential for this role as you'd be expected to build new functionality and fix and defects.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- Implement integrations & solutions requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2-3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Support software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Build Front end systems and strong experience in microservices
Knowledge & Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Very good knowledge of AWS services & java
- Experience in integration platforms is a plus
- Strong problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit