Global client looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team based in Dublin City. Competitive salary + benefits | 4 day week.
Duties of role:
Ongoing legal review of fund documentation, including prospectus, supplements, KIIDs and
agreements for new fund approval or amendments to existing funds.
● Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as the appointed legal counsel to the UCITS
Funds and AIFs under management, on legal matters including new fund approval,
amendments to funds, and updates to meet the requirements for regulatory changes (eg,
● Managing the process of instructing external legal counsel across various projects.
● Drafting and negotiating fund contracts, including management, investment management,
distribution, administration and depositary agreements.
● Providing legal advice and guidance in relation to compliance and corporate governance
● Working and coordinating projects with the Prescient group legal function and the global
marketing and business development teams, including new fund launches and group
● Managing the process of registration of UCITS for marketing in other jurisdictions with the
appointed registration agent.
● Overseeing the duties and obligations as described in the Programme of Operations including
dealing with the appointed designated persons with responsibility for the designated
functions/ OE director.
Maintaining and enhancing the framework and reporting structure for regular compliance
reporting to senior management and the Boards of Directors.
● Attending and participating at monthly and quarterly board meetings, as well as quarterly
catch-ups with various investment managers.
● Liaising with the Head of Operations to ensure all regulatory correspondence is approved and
ONR reporting is completed accordingly.
● Reviewing KIID Documentation including annual and ad hoc updates.
● Working with the appointed Company Secretary, including board meeting/pack preparation,
liaising with report providers and board members
● Keeping abreast of all regulatory changes and providing advice to Senior Management on
corporate governance matters on a regular basis.
● Opportunity to attend / speak at relevant industry and networking events in a Prescient
● Other duties that may be assigned to ensure the company meets its objectives and
Irish qualified lawyer with relevant experience working within an Asset Management/Investment
Funds team at a law firm, or inhouse at Management Company, Fund Administrator or Financial
● Excellent technical knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory landscape including relevant
Central Bank of Ireland requirements.
● Prior experience liaising with the Central Bank advantageous.
● Knowledge of international regulation and experience with an international client base is a plus.
● Experience presenting to senior management and board of director level
● Excellent client relationship management and development skills.
● Experience and willingness to attend relevant industry networking events.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.