- JN -092023-1946382
- Sep 01, 2023
A great opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join an exciting HR department and be a key contributor to their HR Strategy & Organization Development plans
The successful candidate will work with the Head of HR & Organisational Development to drive and implement initiatives in line with Strategy, Driving Recovery and Sustainable Growth 2021-2024. This will involve ensuring that we have the right resource and recruitment mechanisms in place to match the needs of the organisation and that global relocations and overseas matters are managed effectively. It will also involve the management of a number of HR Operational activities detailed below.
The role will initiate, drive and manage the global resourcing and recruitment activity across the organisation. It will also involve ensuring the management and delivery of timely, efficient and up to date services in relation to all aspects of Overseas relocations, healthcare provision, remuneration and visa management.
In line with the strategy targets and objectives set out in "Driving Recovery and Sustainable Growth 2021-2024" for the sector, the key tasks include:
- To work with the Head of HR & Organisational Development to drive and implement initiatives in line with our Strategy, Driving Recovery and Sustainable Growth 2021- 2024;
- To work with the HR & OD team to deliver the objectives of the HR & OD Strategy - Driving Organisational Growth 2021 - 2024 and to contribute to the development of the next HR & OD Strategy and Action Plan beyond 2024;
- To manage the global resourcing/selection and recruitment function within the organisation to meet the challenges of a competitive resourcing environment ensuring internal policy is adhered to and that best practice procedures and processes are implemented;
- To ensure the effective development and management of administrative activities on employment contract management, onboarding/first day induction, probation management, purchase orders etc;
- To procure appropriate suppliers to support delivery of the organisations resourcing requirements, ensuring compliance with relevant internal and external guidelines and management of day to day supplier relationships going forward;
- To provide timely and accurate responses to DETE/DPER on, sanction for posts and employment contracts where applicable, Freedom of Information requests, Parliamentary Questions and other related matters;
- To manage the global relocation of team members as they transition to and from overseas offices, ensuring all matters in relation to overseas remuneration, visa management, healthcare provision etc, are managed in an effective manner while adhering to internal policy.
- To lead, motivate, drive and manage a team to deliver on key tasks;
- To contribute to the overall function of HR and Organisational Development including the selection and recruitment function within the organisation and to provide feedback to staff, and candidates as necessary;
- To communicate with and provide feedback to staff, on a range of topics;
- To further develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders eg. employees, Management Team, DETE, Unions, Enterprise Ireland, SFI and other agencies as necessary;
- To support internal and external audits through provision of requested data and ownership of corrective actions;
- Liaise with Financial Management to ensure effective and timely spend of associated HR Budget items;
- To address Grievance and Disciplinary issues as they arise;
- To ensure effective use of the new HRMS associated with processes and policies for this role;
- To ensure that the organisation's values of People, Professionalism, Passion for performance and achievement, and Public Service are adhered to at all times;
- To promote learning, continuous development and knowledge sharing within the department and across the organisation, including a clear focus on development plans for all team members;
- To ensure dignity, respect and equality are applied throughout the organisation and that a work life balance in the workplace is supported as much as possible;
- To demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks as may be assigned.
Key Competencies Required:
- Communications & Personal Effectiveness
- Leadership & Management
- Client Focused Relationship Building
- Knowledge of the Business
- Project Management
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Sales & Marketing
- Creativity & Innovation
- A relevant third level qualification, to Level 8 in HR & OD or in a business-related discipline which incorporates HR & OD, is essential;
- Track record and experience of effective and supportive people management/ supervision is essential;
- Be an associate member or be eligible for membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD);
- Experience working in a similar role;
- Experience working in a recruitment and HR environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deliver against tight deadlines;
- Ongoing flexibility is required;
- Excellent ability to exercise sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion;
- A full driving licence is essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.