- JN -032023-1927222
- Mar 14, 2023
Our client is a leading development agency who is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team on a Permanent basis. ACCA/CIMA/ACA required.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the purpose of the role is to lead, manage and develop the team in respect of Financial Reporting/Financial Statements/Asset Management/C&AG Audit section/ Payroll & Expenses ensuring full compliance with key internal controls and liaising with internal and external auditors. The role will involve working as part of the senior finance team to further develop the finance function.
In line with the strategy targets and objectives set out in "Driving Recovery and Sustainable Growth 2021-2024" for the sector, the key tasks include:
- Produce monthly Income and Expenditure reports, annual Financial Statements in accordance with deadlines (FCC, Executive Committee, AF&R, Board and DETE).
- Management of Payroll/Expenses function
- Management and Development of team members in Financial Accounting and Payroll/Expenses ensuring that the team have full understanding of the requirements of the job and receive necessary training in order that necessary delegation is possible.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Audit File and liasing with C&AG
- Reporting on Estate Management Debt and liaison with Property team on corrective action.
- Accounting for all Fixed Assets and monitoring all assets.
- Maintenance / (Upgrade if necessary) of Financial Accounting System and payroll system.
- To ensure all functions in the section fully meets internal and external audit requirements, in terms of timing, quality of information and compliance with procedures and control
- To implement procedures and processes to ensure internal (Executive Committee & Audit Finance & Risk Committee and external (DETE) reporting deadlines are met;
- To ensure good relationships are maintained with key stakeholders including internal clients, DETE, C&AG and Internal Auditors;
- To assist with routine and non-routine issues and projects as requested by the Chief Financial Officer;
- To lead, motivate, drive and manage the team to deliver on key tasks;
- To ensure that continuous learning and development is undertaken through informal and formal learning and participation in the Performance Management and Development Review Process;
- To ensure that our clients values of People, Professionalism, Passion for Performance and Public Service are upheld at all times;
- To ensure dignity, respect and equality are applied within and outside the Organisation and that a work life balance is supported as much as possible in the workplace;
- To demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks that can arise on occasion and contribute to the overall functions of Financial Management
- Communications & Personal Effectiveness
- Leadership & Management
- Client Focused Relationship Building
- Knowledge of the Business
- Project Management
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Creativity & Innovation
- A professional accountancy qualification is essential (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and financial analysis skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure, work flexibly and independently on own initiative;
- Track record of effective management and training / development of team members;
- A full driving licence is essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.