- BBBH823968 Jul 29, 2022 Competitive
Are you looking for a new position away from the standard corporate environment? We have an amazing opportunity for an Finance Manager within a startup backed by a global company
Are you looking for a new position away from the standard corporate environment? We have an amazing opportunity for an Finance Manager within a startup backed by a global tech, telecoms and media giant company with huge investment.
Our client will be the first Global B2B wholesale Platform Business emerging from the Telecoms Sector, with a world-class technology-enabled marketplace that allows the bundling of services for the benefit of the end customer at a lower total cost of ownership by creating true competition in the industry that is continuing to disaggregate for both existing and emerging players.
Our client was established by a global leader in technology, media and telecommunications, committed to delivering world-leading infrastructure to dramatically expand opportunities and rethink the modern world.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Our client is looking for an experienced Finance Manager who can hit the ground running in a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Multi-tasking, attention to detail, strong analytical and communication skills are essential for success in this position.
The Finance Manager position is a newly created position due to ongoing growth and expansion within the company. You will act as a key support to the business by driving forecasting and scenario analysis, using the model, in order to support business decision making, cash flow forecasting, strategic planning, investment analysis for business cases, together with contractual compliance.
- Undertake, in conjunction with management, the creation of the General Ledger from scratch.
- Take ownership of the financial model as a key business tool.
- Utilise the model as a tool to support business decision making as regards investment analysis for business cases and investment decisions.
- Utilise the model as a tool to support cash flow forecasting and treasury requirements.
- Provide analysis of changes to forecasts, including key drivers of variance and robustness of assumptions.
- Monthly accounts preparation and ownership of month end close in line with business requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reporting and year-end reporting packs for C-suite and investors.
- Manage the year-end audit process.
- Review company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs.
- Lead on key finance initiatives.
- Review and improve finance policies, procedures and controls.
- Assist with compliance for all required regulatory and statutory audit filings.
- Support the finance team on various ad hoc projects.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience, with experience in charter of accounts, detailed financial analysis, investment appraisal and budgeting/forecasting, for example as part of a transaction advisory function in an accounting firm, bank or financial institution.
- Building financial models from first principles with scenario capability would be a definite advantage.
- Experience in distilling complex financial information for communication to non-financial stakeholders.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador promoting the organisation and role modelling the core values
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
353 (0) 1 6652222