- Dublin City Centre
- JN -022023-1925389
- Feb 08, 2023
Our client is an Irish sustainability energy organization looking for an experienced Development Executive to join their Research & Technology Department for a 12 month contract.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and innovative team who are committed to the high-quality delivery of the organization's designated role as the Renewable Energy Single Point of Contact.
To ensure that activity peaks within the department are addressed in a proactive manner, it is
expected that the candidate appointed to this role will need to be flexible in terms of working hours
during these periods.
Main Responsibilities -
The responsibilities of the Development Executive outlined in this job description are indicative of the
currently envisaged scope and may be added to or altered as required, in line with the requirement
of organization across the Research & Technology Department. They will include, but not limited to, the
* Assist the Development Manager in the procurement of experts to design the SPC service and
support the project management of development of the SPC function.
* Develop and improve communications including website development, social media
engagement and responses to programme inquiries.
* Initiate and maintain relationships with stakeholder organisations.
* Represent the organization at meetings and events (including presentations and speaking engagements).
* Working with Government stakeholders to develop and promote the SPC function.
* To undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
Key Knowledge/Skills -
The knowledge and skills required include but are not limited to the following:
* Proven project management skills.
* A proven proactive approach to achieving results, including managing scope, time, risk
assessment, cost and quality.
* Excellent management and organisational skills.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpretive skills with an ability to think
strategically and use sound judgement on complex issues.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to represent the organization in a public
* A capacity to build positive working relationship with colleagues and external
stakeholders; to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively.
* A flexible approach to problem solving and decision making to ensure the best solution
is achieved focusing on the need for greater efficiency and effective delivery.
* Good numeracy skills, strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
* Ability to multitask, manage competing demands and work effectively to deadlines.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Well-developed IT skills.
Experience/Qualifications/Personal Qualities -
* Degree, Postgraduate and/or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Science or Business.
* A minimum of 3 years work experience in a related discipline.
* Experience of change management.
* Proven attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
* Excellent team-player skills and flexibility.
* Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team and managing projects involving a diverse
range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Knowledge/ Experience of working in the Public Sector.
* Working experience engaging with the Irish renewable energy consenting regime.
* Legal/regulatory experience applied to the Irish consenting regime.
There may be a requirement for the successful candidate to further develop specialist knowledge and
expertise relevant to the role. Training will be encouraged (formal and informal) and supported where
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.