Dublin City Centre
- BBBH815702 May 12, 2022 €90k - €120k
One of Ireland's largest and most well-regarded law firms, my client is an established Dublin headquartered firm enjoying a period of growth is now looking for a contentious Data Protection Laywer.
Due to continued, consistent growth - their Privacy & Data Protection/GDPR team are seeking to appoint a senior solicitor with a genuine subject matter interest in data protection law and regulatory enforcement and ideally with several years' experience in data protection law, or at least strong evidence of a desire to move into this practice area.
My client acts as business advisors to an interesting mix of public and private sector, domestic and international entities, professional firms, financial institutions, start-ups and SMEs in a wide range of sectors including telecoms, technology, construction, energy, transport, life sciences, healthcare, hospitality, financial services and FMCG.
The successful applicant will advise on the following:
- Advising on data breaches and Inquiries by the Data Protection Commission
- Advising on Cyber-Attacks
- Privacy, data protection, GDPR general advisory
- Data sharing and data processing agreements
- Advising on Freedom of Information and Access to Information on the Environment requests
- Gap analysis/risk assessment/data protection impact assessments
- Data protection policies and procedures
- Data protection by design and default
- Online terms and conditions, e-privacy and direct marketing
- Monitoring and responding to developments in data protection and information security
- Providing support to other business units as required on data protection issues
- Providing ongoing training and support to clients
The successful candidate will have:
- 6+ years' experience with a background in regulatory enforcement/Litigation and/or direct data protection/GDPR experience (or a strong desire to practice within this area).
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent technical/drafting skills, an ability to communicate with clients in "plain English" and to tailor advices to fit specific client requirements.
- Strong legal research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational, financial and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team is critical, this team is cross departmental (with data protection experts in each Department in the Firm) but manage the service offering seamlessly.
- A high level of motivation and the ability to work on one's own initiative and a willingness to engage in the ongoing learning and development of the team.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Manager | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631