- JN -022023-1926355
- Feb 24, 2023
Morgan McKinley are delighted to be partnering with a leading company based in Dublin.
Data Protection Associate - 6 Month FTC
We are proud to be one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies, with a workforce as diverse as the world itself. As the trusted insurance partner to over 700,000 customers across Ireland, we have built a brand based on trust, integrity and outstanding customer service for over 100 years.
We strive to deliver fantastic customer experiences through innovative thinking, state of the art technology, excellent training, outstanding customer service, real dedication and team work. As an employer, we truly care for our employees and their individual needs and aspirations. With this in mind we have tailored our work approach to ensure you the flexibility and support needed to excel in your new role.
The Data Protection Function in is dedicated to supporting the business by working with them to deliver the best possible data privacy solutions.
Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, this role is an integral part of an experienced team within the broader Chief Risk Officer area, comprised of professionals with diverse areas of expertise.
The Data Protection Associate will work closely with the Data Protection Officer, supporting the business with GDPR, E-Privacy and other data privacy topics for in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
On a day to day basis you will be the first point of contact for our colleagues in relation to queries on data protection. You will provide first guidance, directing them to relevant policies and procedures, and use good judgement to involve the Data Protection Officer when required.
We are looking for a great communicator who will collaborate with colleagues within the DP Team and across the business in order to support the overall performance of the function.
You will be part of a team that recognises the strength of collaboration and prides itself on high performance while working in a flexible hybrid working model 1-2 days a week in office.
- Manage the data protection inbox on a day-to-day basis and involve the Data Protection Officer as needed; track and respond to queries such as Data Subject Requests (access, erasure, objection), data breach notifications, ad-hoc queries from data subjects and the business areas; identify and monitor trends; maintain accurate records of all relevant correspondence relating to the above
- Prepare statistical reports on data protection activities including quality assurance for underlying data
- Review policies, staff guidance and procedures and suggest improvements to increase understanding and create efficiencies
- Assist the Data Protection Team in maintaining a Privacy by Design culture in the company and support the Data Protection Team with regard to administrative work for the function
- Assist the Data Protection Team in developing training materials and holding trainings to build and share knowledge across the business areas
- Support other data protection related initiatives under the direction of the Data Protection Officer
- Any other duties that may be requested from time to time
- A minimum of 12 months prior working experience within the broader field of data protection
- Third level qualification
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.