Company Accountant- Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH791139 Sep 14, 2021 €50k - €70k
Excellent opportunity for a Company Accountant with a leading Legal Firm based in the heart of Dublin 1. This is a pivotal role, where you take ownership of the accounting function.
This is an all encompassing standalone role reporting directly to the partners. You will be responsible for cashflow management, payments, bank accounts and preparation of accounts for auditors.
- Salary €55,000 - €65,000
- Office based role
- Strong opportunity to take ownership, streamline processes and improvements
- Join a leading and personable firm
- Great location with easy access to bus, train, luas
Worked as the financial controller of a legal firm. Duties included managing cashflow, credit management, debt management and providing financial information to the partners.
- Management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and relevant account reconciliation
- Company tax returns including; VAT, VRTD and VIES returns
- Bank reconciliation and petty cash maintenance
- Provision of weekly Cashflow report.
- Processing Bank transfers, cheques
- Internal journal entries
- Posting of lodgements and payments on the ledger
- Posting of various entries to the client's ledgers
- Maintenance of company accounts
- Reconciliation of nominal accounts and creditors reconciliation
- Preparation of documents for yearly audit and liaison with auditors
- Completion of CSO surveys
- Processing staff Payroll
- Liaising with the law society of Ireland as required
- Ad-hoc reporting requirements for partners
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in a busy hands on accounting role
- Qualified Accountant or Accounts Technician desirable
- 4-6 years minimum relevant experience required
- Legal experience is advantageous
- Ability to work independently and to own initiative
- Strong communication skills with ability to build rapport with senior leadership team and external stakeholders
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Team Leader | Accounting & Finance, Industry & Commerce