- Sep 18, 2023
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen.Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape.
We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. We plan to transform through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 569,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that network construction is carried out in adherence to design, job pack and quality criteria. To monitor field resource quality compliance against the Design Manager and the Build managers standards through in-progress and retrospective inspections. To monitor compliance by the construction resources with the standards and regulations proscribed by the Project Supervisor Design Process. To verify volumes and quantities are accurately reflected in As Built Records and associated Goods Receipt Notes.
- QA Compliance Reports
- Improvement Plans
- As Built Verification and sign off
- Defect Resolution performance
- Verified programme progress reporting
- Plan quality audits based on sampling criteria as defined by Network Delivery Manager
- Undertake quality checks of work in progress in the field
- Undertake quality checks of the performance of contractors by retrospective inspection visits
- Issue Corrective action directions and performance improvement notices to contractors.
- Monitor corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Feedback to Network Delivery Manager, Design Manager and PSDP on non-compliance issues to enable prioritisation of corrective actions and process improvements.
- Be familiar with the Workmanship Standards, relevant contract specifications, drawings, materials and the route of the particular work.
- Ensure contractor compliance with accreditation and certification requirements of Network Infrastructure Access providers,
- Issue a 'Stop Work Notice', in consultation with the Network Delivery Manager, where the contractor's staff do not meet the relevant Access Network Procedures, Workmanship Standards or Safety requirements.
- Review and verify inventory recorded on nominated works orders for accuracy of type, number and location.
- Undertake sample "As Built" walk off under direction of the Programme Manager to support the settlement process.
- Complete investigation and report on public/third party network complaints,
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with peers.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience working in a field engineering Utility provider environment
- Quality Management Experience with qualification to certificate level a distinct advantage.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification for the construction industry.
- Experience of GIS/CAD a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Outside Plant work practice and procedures is essential.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level of documentation accuracy.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Coaching & Development
Oral & Written Communication
Influencing & Winning Commitment
For more Information on National Broadband Ireland please visit: