- JN -092023-1946834
- Sep 12, 2023
Exciting new opportunity now available for a Category Manager to join a multinational tech company with remote working options available. This is a 6-month contracting role with 1 day onsite per month
This Category Manager will take the lead for procuring services across a range of categories, providing strategic advice and striving to achieve best value for money in line with the procurement strategy goals of the department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the management of indirect spend for categories, will develop category strategy, execute and implement strategic sourcing plans, and lead in cost improvement initiatives
- Perform spend analysis and identification of value opportunities
- Optimize supplier base to drive the best cost and commercial conditions, quality and delivery performance
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders and wider procurement teams to align and support objectives
- Manage tenders, drive supplier relationship management, and contribute to market intelligence and best practices sharing
- Developing category insights through critical data Market analytics, trends and regulation changes
- Evaluation of supplier performance with regard to cost, trade working capital, quality, delivery, service and technology
- 4+ years of procurement experience in Supply Chain, HR, Finance, Facilities or other closely related field
- Bachelor's degree required (Business, Engineering, Technology or a related field)
- Experience with leading high value negotiations, contract management and strategy creation and roll out.
- Experience with Workday or any ERP system. eSourcing and Contract Management software desired
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.