Excellent Opportunity for an experienced Audit Senior /Assistant Manager to join an top accounting firm based in Dublin South
*To plan, perform and complete the audit process for each assignment
* Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
* Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
* Identify and highlight any opportunities for S&W apparent from work undertaken.
* Assist and perform training of junior staff.
* Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
* Complete assessment forms of audit team.
* Monitor adherence to budget.
* Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
* Perform work in accordance with audit and assignment procedures.
* Ensure all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
* Prepare draft accounts/report and completion memo (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
* Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the clients business.
* Provide regular progress reports to the manager.
* Identify and discuss with manager issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
* Ensure deadlines met.
* Be able to work on several different assignments at one time.
1. Judgement: be able to take a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on information available.
2. Planning and organising: needed throughout process to ensure deadlines met.
3. Customer focus: develop relationship and gain confidence of client.
4. Commercial awareness: awareness of the key business drivers and the commercial pressures affecting the client.
5. Teamwork: ability to optimise the team's performance and fulfil the needs of each team member in terms of personal and professional development.
6. Technical expertise: technical competency.
* ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
* Demonstrable audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
* Strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients.
* Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work.
* Demonstrable ability to organise self and others, such that you can work on several different assignments at one time.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.