- JN -092023-1947379
- Sep 18, 2023
Our client is a leading multinational technology company looking for an experienced Technical Accountant to join their team - 6 Month Contract
Start/End Dates: 20/11/2023 - 19/05/2024
Location: Remote within Ireland
Job Title: Finance, Risk & Compliance - Accountant V
Our client is seeking a technical accountant who can move fast and learn quickly to help solve technical accounting issues for emerging significant, non-routine, and unique transactions. Responsible for understanding the finer details of proposed or executed transactions through review of available contracts and agreements and collaboration with key cross-functional business partners including our International and US Accounting teams. The candidate will leverage experience researching relevant accounting guidance to identify key accounting issues and recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions and ensure that our accounting policy and accounting estimates are updated timely to reflect all changes.
- Interpret IFRS accounting standards and legal entity reporting requirements to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements often bridging any differences with US GAAP
- Research accounting implications from changes in the subject areas, prepare accounting memos, and reach conclusions after evaluating various viewpoints/guidance which may involve topics such as: revenue recognition, leasing, uncertain tax positions, business combinations, intercompany transactions, financial instruments, contingencies, and many more.
- Concisely and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to inform all key stakeholders of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background
- Collaborate closely with US technical accounting and policy, statutory accounting, tax and other finance functions, key business stakeholders and external auditors to support the preparation and review of precedent setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements
- Provide insight on or prepare new or existing accounting policies based on industry standards and best practices
- Monitor, understand and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements under IFRS to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Facilitate trainings on relevant accounting topics to our client's personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and documenting new accounting guidance/ policy and the accounting treatment of issues
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions
- Experience working with business partners and cross functional teams to effect changes
- Experience in the technology or social media industry
- 8+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- ACA, CPA or equivalent qualification with strong IFRS experience and a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.