- JN -012024-1954315
- Jan 18, 2024
I am currently looking for an experienced Supplier Engineer for a leading manufacturing organisation in Cork
* Identify potential suppliers for new programs and back up for existing programs in advance of market and supplier changes.
* Qualify and onboard chosen suppliers, adhering to customer and Quality requirement flow downs.
* Support Supplier Quality roles on approval/disapproval from the Approved Vendor List.
* Manage supplier contractual compliance using NDA's, T&C's, Export Compliance/ITAR, Denied Part Screen etc.
* Support the Design Engineering team selection of suppliers for new product development to align with project timelines.
* Always ensure employee safety and the following of safety procedures.
* Monitor, measure and improve supplier performance:
* Support the purchasing team in assessing, reporting and optimising cost, lead time and On Time in Full.
* Support the Quality team on Supplier Quality improvement.
* Be the main point of contact for supplier issues, providing an escalation path for quality and delivery issues.
* Conduct assessments, audits, and visits to ensure continued performance.
* Use and develop Risk Management processes in the selection and monitoring of suppliers.
* Drive cost reduction options with existing and new suppliers without compromising product performance or quality.
* Ongoing assessment of non-approved vendors.
* A Technical qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related discipline.
* At least 5 years proven experience in developing and managing suppliers in the electronics and/or aerospace industry.
* Good knowledge of electronics and metal machining processes, associated quality methodologies with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate drawings for machined and electronic components.
* Experience with industry standards, such as ISO 9001, EN/AS9100, IPC-WHMA-A 620, and IPC-A-610/J-STD.
* Experience with FMEA/PFMEA or other risk analysis methods.
* A Lean qualification with a record of Continuous Improvement is an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.