- BBBH792910 Sep 10, 2021 Competitive
A perfect opportunity for a QA Officer to move away from the production floor and into an office setting for the majority of their time, while still maintaining some exposure to operations
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to gain exposure to a fast paced food manufacturing facility. The successful applicant will be fully trained in the key areas in the quality department. The majority of their time will be spent working with quality documentation, quality systems, responding to customers and assisting the business with audit readiness. On occasion there will be an opportunity for this individual to assist on the QA manufacturing side allowing them to gain relevant skills across all of QA.
This role requires someone who is flexible and works well as part of a team.
A bit more about the role;
- Ensuring the implementation of the quality manual, PRP & HACCP & reporting any non-conformances.
- Typing up production paperwork daily and correcting any issues.
- Supplier approval and maintaining files.
- Responding to customer questionnaires & requests.
- Carrying out any quality projects required: traceability & mass balance, updating & maintaining of manuals & folders at the request of the Quality Team Lead.
- Assisting the Quality Team Lead with audit close outs.
- Responsible for Bord Bia farmer audit close outs.
- Responsible for farmers animal health certs
- Responsible for the weighing out of ingredients and stock take.
- Monitoring production and ensuring all quality and hygiene rules are implemented and followed.
- Carrying out quality checks on a daily basis on the production floor e.g. temperatures, weight checks, paperwork checks etc.
- Reporting any non-conformances to the Quality Team Lead
- Attending weekly quality meetings and highlighting any ongoing issues or nonconformances
- Carrying out data entry using Microsoft excel and word.
- Trending hygiene audit data & creating reports.
- Carrying out traceability & mass balance exercises
- Completing hygiene audits, glass and hard plastic audits
- Support to the Quality Team Lead at all times
Education & Experience:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Food Science & Technology or equivalent.
- The successful applicant must be flexible regarding start and finish times - the role will require some weekend work, later finishing times and earlier start times.
- Strong Microsoft word and excel skills.
- Strong communication skills, teamwork skills and must be able to take initiative.
- Experience of 2+ years in quality work is an advantage however full training will be given.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or if you would like to find out more, reach out to Kellie O'Donovan today on 021 2300 300 or email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Science Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300