- BBBH776578 Jun 11, 2021 Competitive
Exciting opportunity for a Production Manager with material manufacturing experience looking to make the next step in their career in North Cork!
Our Client to bring on board an energetic, ambitious and effective Production Manager who can work with their management team to develop our Production capability, implement best practice systems, structures and ways of working to create a high performing Production team.
- Develop and build an effective and growth-focused Production team structure and culture, introduce procedures and ways of working based on Lean principles and techniques.
- Effectively manage manpower planning, recruitment, training and cross training, performance management and remuneration.
- Develop the capability of the team through mentoring, coaching, engagement and empowerment, contributing to a positive culture and recognition standard.
- Co-ordinate Production resources (people, materials and processes) and collaborate with other departments, to deliver production capacity that meets company sales requirements on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Meet Production KPI's and implement improvement programmes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of production systems, processes and procedures.
- Oversee the introduction and commissioning of new technology, processes and equipment
- Lead a safety-first environment, implement health & safety systems and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and present health and safety toolbox talks, maintain up to date training and health and safety records, oversee accident/incident reporting and attend regular health and safety committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Quality procedures and standards in Production, monitor and report on quality performance - returns, defects, non-conformances etc., and ensure documentation is traceable and accurate
- Assist in ISO and CE certification procedures, including internal audits and product inspections.
- Compile reports and dashboards for management review
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. You will have:
- 5 years plus experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of implementing new and effective systems, procedures and processes.
- Qualification in an Engineering or Manufacturing technology discipline is an advantage.
- Experience of using Lean Techniques is beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with and influence people throughout the organisation.
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets.
- Results driven - consistently delivers targets, meets commitments, pushes others for results.
- Decision Quality - displays sound judgement, resolves issues quickly and manages priorities effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications - Excel
This position offers a competitive salary, aligned with experience, and provides a great opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic, growth focused company.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300