- Jan 24, 2023
Are you an experienced and ambitious procurement manager, with experience in the construction sector. If so this could be a perfect career move for you !
Purchasing & Procurement Manager - Construction
We are recruiting for one of Ireland's most rapidly growing commercial and residential main contractors in Ireland. Who are looking to expand their procurement offering by adding an experienced Purchasing and Procurement Manager to their existing team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a large amount of experience in the construction, engineering or similar industries and have a track record of building and developing successful teams in the space.
This is a permanent full time role based in Cork and has considerable career progression opportunities over the next few years as the business grows.
- To have experience in using the current market IT systems been used for the ordering & reporting of the Procurement/Purchasing of materials/plant etc in the Construction Industry.
- Will be expected to be actively reviewing the current market prices and seeking to get best price available.
- To have experience in negotiating with manufacturers & suppliers in procuring best price and locking in price for duration of Project's where possible.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to facilitate the building up of relationships with manufacturers & suppliers
- To have good knowledge of all building products from civil infrastructure to roofing and everything in between.
- To have experience of compiling monthly reports.
- Must be experienced in managing Project site teams ensuring that material & plant procurement & purchasing is done in a disciplined manner.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in working within the residential/commercial sectors of the Irish Construction Industry.
If you feel you are the right person for the role or would like to learn more, apply here and one of our consultants will be in touch directly
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.