- JN -032023-1927324
- Mar 15, 2023
My client a well established organisation in the food & drinks industry are seeking to hire an Operations Team lead to provide leadership to their night shift team.
Operations Team Lead - Cork (Night Shift)
An exciting opportunity to join my clients Cork distribution centre as their new Operations Team Lead for their night shift. You will be joining a multinational organisation with the primary purpose of this role is to support their customer service proposition ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the site's processes.
The role of Operations Team Lead is crucial to the operation of the Cork depot with the ideal candidate being someone who can be flexible, hardworking and demonstrate good people-management skills.
This is a really good role for someone who is looking to develop their skills and grow within an award winning operation.
A key part of this position will be the management of and reporting on the unloading and loading of vehicles, so knowledge of the transport industry is highly desireable.
The standard working hours for this position are approx. 22:00 to 06:30 with the shift being 5 over 6, Saturday night not included. There is a shift premium included for this position.
- Compliance with and management of all warehouse and delivery processes across the site
- Support management across shifts in monitoring performance standards and performance improvement
- Ensuring facility maintenance and hygiene are maintained to the highest standard
- Management of health and safety, incident reporting and investigation
- Ensure security procedures are adhered to and managed
- Ensure all equipment and MHE are maintained and used correctly
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of roles including driver, shunter, trunker, loader, selector, receiving and FLT functions.
- Excellent knowledge of internal transport and compliance procedures as well as good working knowledge of Department of Transport regulations (Tachograph legislation, Working Time Directive etc.)
- Flexibility regarding working hours, start and finish times which will depend on the business
- Ability to work independently
- Candidate must have a clean attendance & punctuality record/ disciplinary record and health and safety record
- Security conscious
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent people skills, strong communication, motivation & interpersonal skills
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Understanding your customers - acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & adaptability - demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building effective relationships- candidate is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & listening - exceptional communication skills - writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | (Logistics, Transport, Warehousing & Trade Compliance) for Munster & Connaught