- BBBH795111 Oct 04, 2021 Competitive
Our Client, a national leader in distribution/logistics has an exciting permanent opportunity within an expanding team for immediate start.
Summary of Position
The Operations Supervisor responsibilities are to oversee the entire process and smooth running of the Company's operational needs. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the Warehouse Department, Production Department and Maintenance Department. All of these departments have teams and managers but it is the Operations Supervisor role to co-ordinate each department and ensure that production needs are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the directors to ensure smooth day to day operations. The position needs to funnel information and where possible operational problems need to be resolved utilising the different departments within the business.
- Define and understand the short and medium term requirements of operations and implement a strategy to meet these requirements.
- Help co - ordinate and resolve all HR issues relating to operations.
- Develop and maintain the strong organisational structure that exist in operations.
- Oversee all operating processes to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant equipment and that Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate operational meetings and ensure you provide a platform for other departments to have an input.
- Provide advice and support to other Departments on operational issues.
- Develop a reporting structure for maintenance and ensure KPIs that are integral to maintenance such as downtime, spend and breakdowns are reported.
- Manage and co - ordinate the warehousing function in the business.
- Develop warehouse strategies incorporating warehouse capacities, resources, equipment and future plant expansion needs.
- Adopt a collaborative approach, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with team members, managers and other departments.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders of the business.
The ideal candidate
- 3-5 years in FMCG/food environment
- Proven experience in running at FMCG warehouse and warehouse team
- Minor project management experience
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Lean 6 Sigma qualification desirable
- Experience working with BRC quality standards
If you think you have the skills, apply below today.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300