- JN -052023-1932424
- May 17, 2023
- €50k - €70k
A Maintenance Engineer is required in the Cork area to join a renowned manufacturing organisation.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs on a wide range of manufacturing equipment, such as production machinery, conveyors, pumps, motors, and HVAC systems. Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Maintenance Planning: Develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance schedule for equipment and systems, considering factors such as production demands, equipment lifespan, and manufacturer recommendations. Coordinate maintenance activities with production schedules to minimize disruption to production lines.
- Spare Parts Management: Maintain an inventory of critical spare parts, tools, and equipment necessary for maintenance activities. Identify spare part requirements, source suppliers, and manage procurement processes to ensure the availability of required components.
- Documentation and Reporting: Keep accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment history, maintenance logs, and inventory levels. Generate reports on equipment performance, maintenance costs, downtime analysis, and improvement opportunities. Use this data to identify trends, propose efficiency enhancements, and optimize maintenance strategies.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards during maintenance activities. Identify potential safety hazards, implement safety procedures, and train maintenance staff on safe work practices. Participate in safety audits and collaborate with the Health and Safety department to develop and improve safety protocols.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously evaluate maintenance processes, equipment performance, and maintenance techniques to identify opportunities for improvement. Implement reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) strategies and predictive maintenance techniques like condition monitoring and vibration analysis to enhance equipment reliability and reduce unplanned downtime.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, engineering, quality control, and procurement, to address maintenance-related issues and optimize production efficiency. Provide technical support and guidance to maintenance technicians and operators, ensuring proper maintenance practices and knowledge transfer.
- Training and Development: Stay updated on technological advancements and emerging trends in maintenance engineering. Attend workshops, training sessions, and industry conferences to enhance technical skills and knowledge. Train and mentor junior maintenance staff to foster their professional growth.
- A minimum of 3 years expereince in maintenance, ideally within a manufacturing setting.
- A trade or degree qualification in mechanical engineering.
- Ability to troubleshoot and evaluate maintenance processes.
- Work well as part of a team.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.