- BBBH821372 Jul 04, 2022 €50k - €70k
Experience with international corporate governance and legal entity management. This includes corporate paralegals, legal specialists, legal executives or those with a corporate finance background.
Position reports to: Managing Chief Counsel, General Counsel Organization
Our client is looking to hire a Legal Specialist for their international governance team. The main responsibilities for role involve implementation of intercompany transactions, entity corporate governance and compliance, corporate policy implementation, maintenance of corporate books and records, and cross-functional collaboration with global finance, treasury and tax teams. Experience in these matters is preferred though not essential as guidance and training will be provided.
In this role, the Legal Specialist will:
- have responsibility for all corporate legal matters related to international subsidiary and entity management. This will include all corporate formalities, such as preparation and execution of documentation for board, director and shareholder actions and meetings, filings to include annual reports, corporate and similar filings, corporate approvals of financials and all other general corporate governance needs
- work closely with, and often in direct support of, internal clients in the global finance, tax, treasury and payroll teams, including with their statutory filings and compliance, and coordinate with external accounting firms
- assist in the project management of entity formations, liquidations, restructuring and mergers
- assist with the integration of newly acquired companies
- manage various templates and form files
- coordinate with law firms and various service providers
- support various corporate administrative processes including distribution of legal documents and agreements for signature
- manage and provide oversight and support in the records and data integrity of all information pertaining to international subsidiaries. The candidate would preferably have experience in GEMS and BoardVantage but this is not essential as training will be provided
- lead the relationship with and workflow of third-party law firms and other vendors in support of global subsidiary and entity management, including billing. Assist with annual budgeting processes
- perform other job-related duties as assigned
Experience with international corporate governance and legal entity management. This includes corporate paralegals, legal specialists, legal executives or even those with a corporate finance background.
The ideal candidate will:
- have international corporate governance and legal entity management experience, including drafting, reviewing and revising board minutes, legal agreements and various governance documents
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have the ability to research and manage changing legal and business requirements and make appropriate recommendations under manager or counsel's guidance
- have the ability and willingness to operate independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment and to own specific matters or projects from beginning to end with oversight from counsel
- have experience in coordinating with multiple corporate functions and managing outside service providers in a cross-functional and geographically dispersed environment with multiple stakeholders and teams
- have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and process and an ability to prioritize a rapidly changing workload
- be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, confidential and service-oriented manner;
- have an ability to operate in a deadline-driven environment
- have demonstrated analytical ability, excellent judgment and initiative
- be skilled in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Ideally corporate legal experience at a law firm, accountancy firm or in-house at a multinational company, including exposure to corporate law, finance and tax, though not essential as training will be provided. Fluent both written and spoken English. A small amount of travel may be required for this position also.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Consultant | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555