Health and Safety/Training Coordinator
- BBBH815080 May 06, 2022 €50k - €70k
A compelling opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety professional wishing to excel in their career and join a rapidly growing manufacturing organisation.
This role will also look at EHS for the site and being the point of contact for EHS System development and carrying out EHS Tasks as directed. Additional duties include coordination of product safety programs related to cGMP compliance.
- Develop, implement and deliver training programs for varying levels of individuals at the brand new state of the art Manufacturing facility in Cork. (20 minutes from Cork City.)
- Collate annual site training plan and ensure it is actioned within budget.
- Create and maintain links with learning institutions e.g. springboard, skillnet, Cork Education Training Board etc. to ensure we avail of programs such as RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) etc.
- Updating & providing training on Safety Statement
- Co-ordinate activities of H&S related teams i.e. First Responders, Safety Committee & Fire Drill Teametc.
- Create a culture of 'Safety First' on site.
- Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc)
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Maintain an Injury Prevention Program
- Conducts internal auditing of safety practices, conditions, and hazard identification
- Maintains SDS documents and ensures proper distribution to affected employees
- Management of First Response activities to include training and upkeep of safety equipment
- Develop and Maintain risk assessment program
- Develop contractor management program and monitor compliance
- Ensures fire safety is practiced including evacuation plans, drills, and extinguisher maintenance
- Conducts regular safety training by personal presentation and by use of safety training aids
- Recommends and maintains effective signage for emphasis upon safety practices
- Ensures direct and timely communication of safety concerns to the Operations Manager
- Conducts accident investigations, complete accident reports, and follows-up on safety related corrective actions
- Recommends recognition and safety initiative programs to senior management
- Maintains knowledge of current safety regulations and industry standard safety measures
- Strong Communication Skills: communicate information to individuals or groups, deliver presentations suited to needs of audience clearly and concisely orally and in writing, listen and respond appropriately;
- Facilitation Skills: ability to engage participants and build learner motivation and learning
- Consulting Skills: consult with business partners on associate development needs
- Coaching Skills: create opportunities for learning through feedback and coaching
- Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Planning and organization abilities
- Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, and quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment while involving others and setting goals
- Associates Degree in health or safety science or equivalent experience (BS Degree preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience in management of safety programs in food, supplement, or medical products manufacturing preferred
- A working knowledge of basic safety regulations; familiarity with OSHA regulations
- Experience and skills in effective communication with managers
- Effective problem-solving skills; ability to analyze assignable causes and help define and implement corrective measures
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300