- JN -052023-1932401
- May 17, 2023
- €70k - €90k
A Health and Safety Professional is required to join a growing Cork based Manufacturing company in a Health and Safety Business Partner position.
- Develop and implement health and safety strategies, policies, and programs in alignment with organizational goals and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to manufacturing teams on health and safety matters, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of manufacturing facilities to identify potential hazards, assess risks, and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver health and safety training programs, ensuring that employees are aware of and adhere to safety protocols.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, identifying root causes and implementing preventive measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Analyze health and safety data and trends, preparing reports and recommendations for management to drive continuous improvement in safety performance.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, emerging regulations, and technological advancements related to health and safety in the manufacturing sector.
- Foster a culture of safety awareness and accountability among employees, promoting a proactive approach to risk prevention and mitigation.
- Participate in safety committee meetings and liaise with regulatory agencies, fostering positive relationships and ensuring compliance with inspections and audits.
- Collaborate with external consultants, contractors, and vendors to assess their health and safety practices, ensuring their alignment with organizational standards.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety, industrial engineering, or a related field.
- Solid experience in health and safety management within a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of local and national health and safety regulations, codes, and standards.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and associated hazards, such as machine operations, chemical handling, and ergonomics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective health and safety programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to assess risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to influence and drive change towards a safer work environment.
- Experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis methodologies.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.