- BBBH782768 May 19, 2021 Competitive
Financial Accounting Team Lead role with a Multinational company based in Cork. Great opportunity to join a growing global company with strong career progression opportunities
We are delighted to be partnering with this Global Manufacturing company in Cork to recruit a Financial Accounting Team Lead to join their growing Finance team.
In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of Financial Accountants and you will have accountability for a number of key business unit accounting tasks, overseeing and managing their completion.
Your main activities include reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, maintaining relevant business unit general ledgers, leading the executing closing activities and submitting financial results to Corporate Accounting in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities in the Role:
- Responsible for the timely completion of business unit accounting activities
- Execute and in some cases review business unit accounting activities such as but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliation, other account analyses and business unit closing activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Partner with the Manager - Record to Report to review journal entries and reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and adequate support for adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls framework
- Assist in the execution of specific controls related to business unit accounting processes and other general accounting activities
- Maintain the business unit's regional ledger within SAP, providing accurate and consistent records of assets, liabilities and transactions
- Partner with other members of the Europe Financial Reporting & Accounting Group to resolve accounting issues and drive leading practices
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules along with SOX where applicable
- Manage preparation of statutory trial balances and statutory audit cycles.
- Lead a team of RTR accountant and undertake regular 1:1s and a formal annual performance review with each member of team
- Ensure the team achieve deadlines set by leadership and the business and proactively monitor and raise instances where deadlines cannot be met in a timely fashion
What you will Need:
* BA / BS in Finance / Accounting (or local equivalent)
* Professional accountancy Qualification such as, CPA, CFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA required.
* Strong Accounting background
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.