Morgan McKinley are working exclusively with a well-established Cork business who are looking for a commercially astute Finance Director with strong leadership skills to join their expanding business.
Morgan McKinley are partnering exclusively with a well-established Cork business who are seeking the services of a commercially astute Finance Director for their expanding business. The growth this company has achieved is phenomenal and is aligned to its outstanding internal leadership, creativity, industry relationships and market demand for their products/services.
This exciting role, based in Cork City, involves being part of the executive leadership team and taking responsibility for the financial control, information technology, commercial and operational finance strategic delivery of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the ideal individual will actively build relationships both inside and outside the business to drive and expand the company from a financial and commercial perspective.
● Oversee and delivery of all; Financial reporting, financial control, strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting functions.
● Streamlining key monthly reporting requirements, KPI analysis and targets review and corrective actions.
● Overview of year end statutory financial statements and liaison with company auditors and maintain strong corporate governance policies and procedures.
● Management and leadership of a team of finance and non-finance professionals
● Adopt corporate outlook for the business and the sector it operates in by identifying acquisition opportunities, new business cases, potential JV's etc
● Cash flow and Treasury management activity execution and analysis
● In conjunction with the executive team, design, develop and implement a new information technology strategic roadmap for the business.
● Work closely and foster strong relationships with the Board
● Work with various managers in the business in providing solutions to operational and commercial issues through sharp analytical interpretation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
● Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA with circa 10 years' experience with ideally 3 years' minimum in a Controller capacity.)
● Strong IT skills desirable with experience in ERP implementation
● Capability to build and lead effective relationships with senior stakeholders and across the wider business
● Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong commercial, managerial and strategic background.
● A background in an FMCG environment would be advantageous
● Strong people person, natural leader and ability to provide common sense solutions to complex issues.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.