- JN -022023-1926338
- Feb 27, 2023
This 6 month temporary contract role is in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
The aim of this role is to support the administration of pay to employees within EMEA. This involves business partnering with Payroll Vendors, Benefits Vendors, Store Managers, People Support, Compliance and Payroll Accounting Teams to ensure all issues are addressed and optimum solutions are put in place in a timely manner. Employee experience is at the forefront of what we do in Payroll.
Job Description / Requirements
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the position will be responsible for payroll processing for several countries in EMEA,
- Work closely with our Business Partners to ensure that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with local requirements; Focus on reporting and reconciliation of pay data to ensure the monthly payroll is correct.
- Collaborate with your team, Compliance, Global Payroll Services and our External Payroll Service Provider to become an expert on the payroll for the countries you have responsibility for. Keep up to date on all changes to the pay environment in EMEA, cascading & implementing where appropriate. Clear articulation of the impact these changes have on the ways in which we work is vital.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place / implemented to capture changes month-on-month and any differences are reconciled and explained. Ensure that all issues are addressed and resolutions put in place in a timely manner. Ensure all desktop procedures & process notes are kept up to date
- Respond to employee enquiries regarding the administration of pay. Proficient in navigating the systems to expedite employee queries within the agreed SLA & ability to work single-handedly with all internal & external business partners in ensuring all elements of pay are administered correctly.
- Work with external service providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees' e.g., expatriate, and international assignments.
- Work closely with the Payroll Accounting team to ensure month-end & quarter end reconciliations are accurate and with minimal ageing. Partner with internal and external audit to ensure the integrity of the payroll information.
- Ensure a consistent focus and involvement in driving efficiencies and process improvements.
- Assistance on Project related activities as required. Collaborate effectively with our business partners to ensure optimum solutions are implemented for Payroll.
- Develop excellent working relationships with our many internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The person we seek is a Payroll Specialist. Experience of setting up and /or operating Payroll processes in a multinational environment is advantageous as is experience of working in SAP & proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following key competencies / skills:
- Accuracy: Attention to detail to ensure every employee is paid correctly and on time
- Timely delivery: ensure all activities are completed to the deadlines set. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, managing quality with quantity, meeting tight deadlines & ability to quickly adjust to changes is essential.
- Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Problem Solving: A clear, fast thinker, problem solver, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- Diversity: Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment.
- Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity and complexity that arise seeking our clarity at all times.
- Customer Service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and inspiring the team to deliver on the service commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: An effective team player, with developed communication and negotiation skills to focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with the payroll process stakeholders.
- Languages: Communicate effectively in English.
- Preferably IPASS qualified or international equivalent.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.